A cookie is a small piece of information sent by a web server to a
web browser, which enables the server to collect information from the
keep track of your browsing patterns. By showing how and when visitors
use our site, cookies help us to identify which areas are popular and
which are not, and to understand and improve the CGD Society website. A cookie
in no way gives us access to your computer.
Most browsers allow you to turn off cookies. If you want to know how
to do this please look at the help menu on your browser. However,
switching off cookies is likely to restrict your use of our website.
Cookies we store
- ASP.NET_Session Id.This stores a unique number and is essential for areas of the site such as the webshop to operate. It holds no personal data.
- .ASPXAuth. This is used to uniquely identify a user logged in to their user account. This is essential for user accounts to operate and holds no personal data.
- J4G_Mem. We use this to store the display name of the user who has logged into their user account which is displayed in the header of the site.
- __utma, __utmb, __utmc, __utmz. These are use by google analytics which we use to identify which areas of the site are popular and which are not, and to understand and improve the CGD Society website. For further details please refer to Google's policy. Google also provide a browser plugin for most modern browsers which will allow you to opt out of using these cookies.
- sifrFetch. Used to check browser support for a web technology that improves the presentation of our website.
Third party cookies
We sometimes embed photos and video content from websites such as YouTube. Pages with this embedded content may present cookies from these websites. We do not control these cookies and you should check the relevant third party website for more information about these.