As a charity, we benefit from the expertise, enthusiasm and goodwill of many people - CGD families, doctors, nurses, researchers, volunteers, patrons, trustees and fundraising supporters.
With support from these diverse sectors, we are able to give on-the-ground support to CGD-affected people in a multitude of ways, including medical advice, emotional support and raising awareness of the condition.
We are sensitive to the fact that every case of CGD is a person and that no two people with CGD have exactly the same needs, and at different times the same person needs different services. This is why the services we offer are broad-ranging.
Our care services for UK members include
- Medical advice and care from specialist paediatric and adult CGD nurses
- Help from a clinical psychologist
- Information, via telephone and website, including latest research findings, plus a twice-yearly newsletter to keep people in touch and informed of new research and treatment developments
- An expansive range of factsheets
- Organisation of social and educational events, including the annual 'Get Together', allowing CGD families to talk to professionals and to meet each other
- Raising awareness of CGD through media and other channels